Thursday, January 8, 2009

MY SWEET BABY













At this time last year, 12am-12:30am Jan 9th, I was holding my baby girl in my arms as I watched and felt her go.
I miss her SO much.


Did you know I think of you?
Did you know how much I miss you?
The days go by but the pains still there.
The emptiness is so heavy it can consume
There are so many things I wish I could say
A ton more I wish I could do with you
I want to hold you and kiss your head, cheeks and toes.
I want to play pat-a-cake and peek-a-boo
Dress you up in cute little dresses and pretty hair things too.
To hear you laugh and say mommy. I never got to hear you talk.
Watch you play with Bennie or scream when he takes away your toy
See you watching him the way you always did
To witness the cuddles you gave Daddy
The pretty grin that was just for him
Watch you dance and bop your head
Hear you sing in your girly voice
You'd be running all around finding things to get into
Jumping on beds with brother and tackling Daddy.
Helping mommy make the Kool-aid
Baking cookies and getting into my make-up
Bed time prayers and special songs
Baby girl, I miss you
Ali, I love you
Alirene, I will not forget you.
You were so many things to me.
You were MY girl
You were OUR baby
We were so blessed to have you.
You are forever in my heart Sweet Ali!
Forever loved,
Momma


ALIRENE MAYBELLE LEWIS APRIL 20,2007--January 9,2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sharon you family continues to be in my prayers