Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Incredible how time flies...

I cannot believe it's been so long since I last posted. We've been busy with life as usual, with not a lot to mention. I guess that comes with living in the U.P. and away from all the hustle and bustle of city life.
Bennie and I have been practicing writing his first name, and though it's been a struggle, he's been doing much better here lately. What amazes me though is that he has a really hard time forming letters with a pencil but he's already self teaching himself how to read. I couldn't believe it when we were sitting outside of Newberry Motors(GM car dealer in town) and he was in the back seat saying J-E-E-P, and then eventually said the word jeep. I was so shocked so today I took out a book and found some three letter words for him to sound out and read and he did really well, reading words like Fun, and Tom. My baby is growing up so fast. I guess it's time for Mommy to start encouraging his reading more and get his little reader books out.
Bennie just turned 5 on February 4th and had a "Green Jungle Party". I will try to post the link to the video we have of the party.
Ben recently got a part time job at a local Shell station here in town. Though it's part time they are giving him the max of 32-35 hours each week which is really helpful in the fact that he still gets to do his computer repairs as well.
I am currently just staying home taking care of Bennie and trying to take care of the house. I am always amazed at how quickly my beautifully clean house can look as if no one has cleaned in weeks.
Be sure to check out Ben and his friends links on youtube as well as our families.
go to youtube and type in benlewandcrew or wwwben and you'll find all of our videos.(this is what we do for fun in the sticks)
Love to you all! I pray that you all have a blessed spring as it will soon be upon us!

Here is the video of Bennie's party. It starts with pics but once the video comes on make sure your volume is up a bit because there is audio!! :)

No comments: